Announcement Paxton Developers will be unable to respond to any forum question in till Jan 4th. We would like to wish all our Forum members a Merry Christmas.
weareforge
2021-11-15T11:05:54Z
Hi, wonder if someone can assist please.

We are getting the following deadlock error intermittently when trying to update a user with their usergroup right after the initial call:

Response: '{"message":"An error has occurred.","exceptionMessage":"psp_UpdateUserAccessPermissions (Line 282, Number 50000): psp_AddSessionMesssages (Line 598, Number 50000): psp_UpdateCards (Line 253, Number 1205): Transaction (Process ID 51) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.","exceptionType":"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException","stackTrace":" at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)\r\n

Any ideas why we get this response and how to resolve please?

Thanks
weareforge
2021-11-22T10:29:49Z
Birch
2021-12-02T12:26:24Z
Hi do you get the same error when adding a user using the main UI? Might be worth us taking a look at the database on this one
Paxton Access Ltd - UI & API Design Engineer
weareforge
2021-12-02T15:45:30Z
Hi,

No nor via postman, it is intermittent yet seems to occur when running a lot of API commands.

Can arrange a remote session for you to look at the Paxton system? thanks
2021-12-03T00:46:49Z
Hi there, also having the same problem when trying to update multiple users, but have had the error when trying to update as little as 5 users. Keen to see progress on this issue, and please let me know if you would like me to arrange for a Net2 DB backup to be provided for investigation.
Thanks
Jamie
weareforge
2021-12-03T08:28:03Z
Ah that's interesting and good to know it's just down to us then.

I can't provide a customer DB backup, but can arrange a remote session for further investigation with our support team. Please let us know
Alexander
2021-12-06T16:17:53Z
Originally Posted by: Jamie Stevens - Clubware 

Hi there, also having the same problem when trying to update multiple users, but have had the error when trying to update as little as 5 users. Keen to see progress on this issue, and please let me know if you would like me to arrange for a Net2 DB backup to be provided for investigation.
Thanks
Jamie

Jamie, if you could arrange with support a backup of your db it could assist us here, its likely we need to run some performance tests around this area and see whats happening which would be difficult directly on site. @ weareforge if you can't supply a backup can you post up a description of your setup. I.e. using Advanced permissions, 50000 user mode etc...

Many thanks in advance

Paxton Forum Administrator
Paxton Access Website 
weareforge
2021-12-07T17:20:57Z
Hi

I will find out the settings ASAP thanks
weareforge
2021-12-08T09:40:22Z
Hi Paxton

have you been able to recreate at all?. I would've thought that putting this through postman runner would easily be able to recreate as we have 2 sites with the issues and one with pretty vanilla settings?
weareforge
2021-12-08T13:56:27Z
Hi Paxton,

We have another site now with similar errors and this one is purely for deleting a record, please see below:

08/12/2021 13:23:41 : Time (UTC): '08/12/2021 13:23:41'. Class: 'Paxton'. Method: 'DeleteResponse'. Endpoint: 'http://localhost:8080/api/v1/users/76037'. Verb: 'Delete'. StatusCode: '500'. ReasonPhrase: 'Internal Server Error'. Payload: 'N/A'. Response: '{"message":"An error has occurred.","exceptionMessage":"The ROLLBACK TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION.\r\npsp_DeleteUserRecord (Line 79, Number 50000): psp_AddAction (Line 30, Number 1205): Transaction (Process ID 53) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.","exceptionType":"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException","stackTrace":" at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)\r\n at

I expect the customer will be reaching out to you soon to get this resolved as I'm sure you can appreciate, these are live issues that are stopping people getting access into the building.

If someone can arrange a remote session with us that would be much appreciated.
Alexander
2021-12-09T11:08:15Z
We will set this up here to simulate a basic setup for testing, in the mean time our support department can diagnose access issues for you as it seems there must be quite a lot of activity going on on this site to be showing deadlocks when running this method but will get this tested.
Paxton Forum Administrator
Paxton Access Website 
weareforge
2021-12-09T15:24:10Z
We've made some changes to our logic now with the HTTPclient and the HttpClientFactory is now injecting a single client for API interactions from the agent and a single client is being used for Paxton interactions. Paxton Authentication tokens are now being held and only recreated at end of life (recreated per-request in the event that we do not receive a duration for the token as some versions ago we didn't)

Bulk tests seeing 200/200 successful visitor creations and deletes in seconds in our test environment.
2022-01-12T20:01:10Z
Hi weareforge,
We've retrieved a backup of the Net2 database and tried reproducing the issue in our environment in order to help with troubleshooting, but didn't see the issue. But I'm wondering if you believe the changes you've made as per your last comment might resolve the issues? And if so, is there a particular version of Paxton Net2 that these changes would be included in? The customer who had an issue was on 6.05.9717.
Thanks
Jamie
weareforge
2022-01-13T14:42:15Z
Hi,

I will try and find out the versions and come back to you as the problem still exists.
weareforge
2022-01-14T11:12:51Z
One of the customers is on 6.05.10330.5472

Awaiting version of the other